Aadhaar Card is one of the most important identity proofs in India. It is amongthe most widely accepted identity documents in the country. The Aadhaar card carries a unique 12-digit random code called Aadhaar number or UID.
This number is important as it is acceptable at most places even if the person is not carrying the physical copy of an Aadhar card. Another major aspect of the number is that you can download the Aadhaar card itself using it.
But what if you don’t even remember the Aadhaar number or UID? Worry not, there’s a way for that as well. All that is needed is the registered mobile number.
Wondering how? Follow our step-by-step guide:
Registered number or registered email ID
The mobile number should be active with SMS facility
Working internet connectivity
Steps to find out Aadhar number or UID online
1. Open ‘https://resident.uidai.gov.in/’ on any browser.
2. Click on MyAadhaar button.
3. Scroll down and locate Aadhaar Services section.
4. Now, click on ‘Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID’.
5. Enter the OTP received and Captcha and click on Login button.
6. After this, you’ll receive your Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID on your registered phone number or email ID as chosen by you.
7. On the next page, select the option Aadhaar No (UID) option
Note: If you want to find the EID then choose the option Enrolment ID (EID) and follow the rest of the steps.
8. Now, enter your full name as mentioned in the Aadhaar Card, registered phone number or email ID…Read more>>