IRCTC has launched the facility of eWallet which enables users to enjoy hassle-free and secure transactions. It provides users with various benefits like user authentication
and easy refunds. IRCTC iMudra payment wallet allows users to seamlessly book train tickets, shop online and send money to friends and family.
IRCTC iMudra offers the convenience of accessing your wallet across a mobile app, tablet and desktop. You can use IRCTC iMudra wallet on the go, at home and across any platform. The iMudra digital wallet comes with a virtual and physical card. So, whether you are purchasing goods online or offline, it can be done absolutely hassle free and secure on every transaction.
You can even use your IRCTC iMudra card to withdraw quick cash whenever you require by verifying your Know Your Customer(KYC) credentials.
Here’s everything you need to know about IRCTC iMudra digital wallet:
- In order to sign-up for IRCTC iMudra wallet, all you have to do is visit the IRCTC iMudra website, click on “Signup” tab and fill in the details. You will be requested to verify your mobile number through OTP.
- Once you are registered, you will get a virtual card and a physical card. The virtual card is like your Physical Card that can be used in the same way as a physical card to make payments, shop online etc. except that you cannot have the touch and feel of a physical card.
- IRCTC iMudra card is a prepaid card. However, while transacting online, you can choose Credit Card on the payment page to transact with your iMudra card. A registered user can have one virtual card and one physical card. User is charged Rs 10 for the virtual card and Rs 200 for the physical card. There is no card activation fees.
- iMudra card ATM charges: First three transactions in a month on a Federal Bank ATM are free. Any subsequent transaction will be charged at a rate of Rs 20 + applicable taxes. Any transaction on a non-Federal Bank ATMs will be charged at a rate of Rs 20 + applicable taxes. Currently, the card allows you to make purchases only on Indian websites only.
- Wallet limit: For minimum KYC verified users, monthly wallet limit is Rs 10,000. For full KYC verified users, monthly wallet limit is Rs 1,00,000. Full KYC enables users to send money to friends and family (recipient needs to be full KYC as well), enables ATM withdrawal on the physical card.
- It is worth mentioning that full KYC will be done by IRCTC iMudra agent, who will physically visit applicant’s place with a prior appointment. He will verify the hard copies of the document and upgrade the KYC. In order to top-up the IRCTC iMudra wallet, One can visit the website and click on the “Top-up” option. You will be required to enter the top-up amount.
Once that is done, you can proceed to load your wallet with a payment instrument like Debit card, UPI or Credit card. Note that IRCTC we may apply convenience fees to the total amount basis the payment type and amount selected…..Read more>>